Selection Process to Study in Brazilian Tertiary Institutions under the PEC-G 2017 Scholarship
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
This is to inform you about the ongoing selection process into a Brazilian Tertiary Institution (Instituição de Ensino Superior IES), under the PEC-G programme for PEC-G/2017 undergraduate scholarship. One of the pre-requisite is for the interested candidate to have taken the CELPE-Bras examination, thus becoming eligible to participate in this admission process.
The time table schedule guiding the selection process for this year is as follows:
s/n date activity
1. from 9th of May to 15th of July, 2016 Registration of all eligible candidates
2. 19th of August, 2016 Closing of Submission to Ministry in Brazil
3. from 13th to 16th of September, 2016 Selection Committee Meeting in Brazil
4. 30th of September, 2016 Electronic release of preliminary results of the selection process of candidates from Brazil on the Ministry of Education website
5. 21st of October, 2016 Acceptance and rejection of admission by selected candidates of the admission offer
6. 24th to 31st of October, 2016 Filling of vacancies resulting from dropouts through a re-selection process
7. 4th of November, 2016 Announcement of the final result of the selection process.
As informed, in order to adhere to the selection process, which has just started, the candidate must submit a copy of thePortuguese Language Proficiency Certificate (CELPE-Bras); plus the documents listed below:
A) ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS DULY VALIDATED at the Federal Ministry of Education and at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja, FCT:
i) Secondary School Certificate (WAEC / NECO) or equivalent;
ii) Statement of Results – transcripts from Secondary School from SS1 to SS3;
iii) Testimonial from Secondary School;
iv) If the candidate is already a university student, evidence of such must be presented in addition to the documentation requested;
B) BIO DATA DOCUMENTS DULY NOTARISED at any of the public notaries recognized by the Consulate (see below):
i) Birth Certificate;
ii) Original copy of medical attestation report of health status;
iii) Birth Certificate of both parents, if it is the case, or equivalent IDs;
iv) Proof of maintenance sponsorship (minimum of US$ 400.00 per month); and
v) Bank Statement (last six months) of the sponsor’s account in case of parents/guardians; for State Government, an official letter.
C) APPLICATION FORMS DULY FILLED-IN:
i) Provided in Portuguese to be filled-in, completed and signed by candidates and by the main sponsor (Government representative or parents/guardians). (Forms not properly filled may result in the candidates’ disqualification).
ii) Sponsorship affidavit forms will be provided, both in English & Portuguese;
For more information,please contact: Adeniran O. Arimoro
Public Notaries recommended by the Consulate-General
1. Contact: Oladigbolu, Abidemi (Partner)
Name: LEGALMIND CHAMBERS
– Legal Practitioners, Property Consultants & Notaries Public.
2. Contact: Nasir Salau (Notary Public)
Name: NASIR SALAU & CO
– Barristers, Chartered Secretaries & Notaries Public